Re: Starting rebuilt engine

To: "dana nojima" <noji-1@pacbell.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starting rebuilt engine
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:53:05 -0400
Dana,

Remember to change the oil and filter very soon as mucho junk will work its
way loose, like metal filings and lint.

Take it easy on the break in and remember to keep a constant eye on the
gauges especially the oil and temp gauges upon startup!!!!!!!!

I would also suggest putting water in the cooling system with some food dye
to make sure there are no leaks and if there are at least you won't have to
drain antifreeze. Don't keep water in the system too long but a few days
shouldn't hurt anything.

My 2L starter cranked it with no problem.

You should also static time the engine before you crank it to make starting
a bit easier.

Good luck.