Re: Starting rebuilt engine

To: <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Starting rebuilt engine
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:43:00 EDT
  Dana,

  You now have more compression because everything is sealing up better than
before.  Plus the rings haven't seated themselves yet and you're not running it
with full oil pressure so it's not completely lubed up yet.  I've used high
torque screwdrivers to turn engines before myself...great trick.
  Regarding the amount of friction, my only comment would be (if you put it
together yourself) were you sure the crank was turning freely (after the main
bearing caps were torqued to spec) before you starting installing the
rods/pistons?  After you installed each rod/pistons did you keep checking to
make sure everything was free spinning?  If so, then you should be okay.

  Stan