Re: window mech questions.

To: dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: window mech questions.
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:35:27 EDT
In a message dated 6/25/01 10:14:37 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu writes:

>   My windows just do not opertate smoothly or very easily.  The windows
> are so small and light weight that it shuold be easy to crank them open..
> Mine
> are not easy. They go down easy but not up easily.
>     What should I lubricate and with what?? Is there any adjustments to
> be made??

Prolly time to dig inside the door and check the following:

The rollers of the regulator are actually ON the tracks
The rollers are ROUND and not worn down to goofy shapes
The regulator arms are not bent/tweaked
The regulator tracks haven't broken/ are firmly attached to door.
The vertical window track is straight - and that the fuzzy/rubber parts have
not loosened and clogged the channel.

If you feel like ya gotta grease them some thick white lithium would probably
be the best choice for the rollers.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311