Dash Repair or Replace

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Dash Repair or Replace
From: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:32:42 -0600
I have a '68 2000 and the dash top is all chewed up.  A previous owner had
siliconed or glued on a padded top.  I am considering the following options:
1.)  find a nice used one,
2.)  buy one of those dash covers everyone has talked about or
3.)  have an upholstery shop build me a new padded vinyl top cover the
existing dash.

There are not too many used ones to choose from around Calgary.  Does anyone
know how the dash covers look?  Are they okay or really cheezy.  Item 3
could end up looking like a bad toupee but it is probably the cheapest
option.  I still want it to look good.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.  Thanks.  Larry.