Brake-Master cylinder

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake-Master cylinder
From: "Joe Jackson" <rimshot@a-znet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:50:42 -0400
I have a rebuild kit but have not been able to unscrew the two steel nuts
(about 1" diameter ) into which the exit tubing screws . First application of
PB blaster unsuccessful ...some heat( not much) also nogood...   I have been
reluctant to use strong-arm tactics as I don't know how much punishment the
pot-metal casting will take...There appears to be a copper gasket/washer
between the nut and the casting. Is there some magic way of separating these
without  total destruction?  They have been together for at least 10 years.
Thanks for any help you  can give me....Joe