Re: Fluid questions...

To: "Matthew Cox" <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Fluid questions...
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:00:06 -0600
Check the bore and see if it's got a layer of gunk buildup in there...
common problem.  You can polish it out with some 600-1000 grit sandpaper to
get rid of it. If you have pitting, forget it, you're stuck with buying a
new one..   I'm sure there are some out there who would disagree with me,
but I've done it on my cars for years with no adverse effects... and no
brake problems.   Best way to avoid the "gunk" syndrome is to change your
fluids every year or so.   I change mine once a year now.

Good luck!
Eric