RE: L series engines

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: L series engines
From: "Michael Spreadbury" <michaelspreadbury@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:25:47 -0800
As the seller of this particular kit on eBay, I will try to remain unbiased
in my reply. This came in a car that I recently picked up and I decided to
turn it over the to the roadster community.

Dan, John, and Victor have done a great job describing the pros and cons of
L-series engines, and this kit.

I think for someone who might be a bit intimidated at the thought of doing
an EFI conversion, rewiring the car, and all the other things that are
necessary when doing a modern engine swap, this might be a great
alternative.

Yes, you are swapping one old technology for another, but L-series engines
are easy to find, even easier to find parts for, and there is no end of
documentation on how to build a mild to wild engine.

For those who feel comfortable with twin SU carbs, 8-valve technology, and
like to see a familiar OHC valve cover, the L-series engine would be a great
donor for a roadster that does not have an engine, or the thought of
rebuilding a U or R series is out of their budget, this might be a great way
to go...

The bidders will decide... :)

Michael Spreadbury
Corvallis, Oregon