RE: L series engines

To: Michael Spreadbury <michaelspreadbury@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: L series engines
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:12:31 -0800 (PST)
Because of the height difference between the L-series
and the r-series engines, these kits (plus some minor
front crossmember notching) help ensure that the
engine sits at a proper level and clears the hood.

Over the years, I've owned two L-Series powered
roadsters. The first one was a 66 1600 powered with an
L18/z-5speed, which I bought after the swap had been
completed. Unfortunately, the PO didn't use a kit and
rather than modifying the front crossmember (to
properly lower the engine down), decided to 'build-up'
the hood!

Look at the result:

http://tinyurl.com/akvzs
(note: picture from when Calspeed later owned the car)

When driving this car around the streets of Berkeley,
some folks were convinced that the car MUST be running
a v8, if I had hood scoop that big!

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

--- Michael Spreadbury <michaelspreadbury@comcast.net>