RE: Exhaust smell

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Exhaust smell
From: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 17:10:15 -0800 (PST)
Hi Gordon,
  I will check the header, exhaust pipes, and fire wall seals as offered from
people on our list.
  I will also check the length of the tip near the bumper.  It is my
understanding I should direct the exhaust to the driver side of the car.  My
current tip is a 2-1/2" sebring straight tip which appears to let the exhaust
come up to the trunks if setting idle.

  My Rebello's engine is running a little rich so I replaced the jets from 57.0
to 55.0.  Rebello told me I might need to go to 52.0.  He is going to ship me
some.  I am VERY happy with the engine.  He was able to get 198HP out of it for
me from the old engine.
  My uncle was able to install 2-1/2" exhaust pipe from the header to the axle.
This involved mods to the frame.  Then I had a muffler shop do the rest.  I am
running a magna flow in front of the axle and a sebring resonator under the
driver side "X" member.  I hope to posts pictures sometime soon.

  Thanks !
  Paul

Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@comcast.net> wrote:
  That never seemed to be a problem with mine, and the exhaust went straight
out the back. Are you sure you don't have a small exhaust leak somewhere?

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org