Re: Paint - DIY?

To: brianrreynolds@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint - DIY?
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:48:53 EST
Got to say I have rattled can painted two roadsters with pretty nice  looking
outcomes.  Blew people away when I told them I DIY and with KRYLON  spray
cans (first time did in the racing red white and blue).

Primary thing is make sure you prep well and do decent body work, good
priming (rattle can too) and spend some time surface, sand and seal.

Just be patient, light coats and layer.  Good heating, allow  to set up and
mask well.  Have fun, then don't sweat the rock  chips, dings or dents and
ENJOY THE RIDE in a nice looking car.  Don't have  to go professional unless
you
creating a trailer queen for show only.

Other option, is a Maaco paint job, which a decent shop can lay down
relatively cheap.

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.WyCROC.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)
1963 SPL310-00161C