Re: headers/exhaust

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: headers/exhaust
From: ed.sawyer@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:33:27 +0000
I would say, the one on the right as it looks like it has a larger collector on
the end. The one on the left I think is a early 68' pre 68' manifold which got
completly redesigned for better flow. (I'm sure i'll be corrected on that, but
I'm used to being wrong and accept rejection well. :-) If you're spending the
bucks for a paint job, I would look at buying a new ceramic coated one that is
going to look great when you pop the hood. They are not that pricey compared to
the original style manifolds and flow pretty darn well. I bought mine from Dean
at Fairlady a few years ago. You can see it if you click on the front picture
on
my homepage. I added a braided flex piece between that and the rest of the
exaust. If you are doing a new exaust and not using an original muffler setup,
just get some glasspacks. I got a "Turbo" muffler and it doesn't have as nice
of
note as I thought it would. It sure sounded mean while I was driving it to the
exaust shop.

Happy Saturday,
Eddie
68' 1600