RE: headers/exhaust

To: "'Autox \(E-mail\)'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: headers/exhaust
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:41:58 +1030
> I'm attaching a couple pix (not sure if we can attach pix with
> messages to the list, though) of the headers that came with the car
> (in boxes), can anyone explain the differences, and which I should use?

Hi Bill (or Bull if I was from New Zealand),
The header on the LHS of your pics. Is the factory exhaust header, welded up
with external seams and such.
Fine for a factory resto.
The header on the RHS is an After Market "performance" header.
>From what I am told, very little difference in performance.
The AM header construction has been simplified somewhat and doesn't curve
about as much as the OEM type.
If the are both useable, it's your choice as to what you decide on.
!!Note, gasket required is unique to each type of header!!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 Datsun Sports
1971 P510 Datsun 1600