[Roadsters] ebay awareness

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] ebay awareness
From: jrdmf@aol.com
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 19:52:00 -0400
Just a heads up to those of you who rely on ebay for those hard to find or
discounted roadster parts. (Who doesn't, right?)

I know this is?a touchy area so I won't?bore you with the?details of how?I got
burned but there is an unethical ebay user who occasionally sells Roadster
parts?that has already had two user names suspended and is now into his 4th
user name in 3 years. (Not sure about you guys but I've had one name in 6 1/2
years and it suits me just fine?) His M.O. is to pump up his feedback by?making
purchases of?trivial?items but keeps his sales private (big shock) so as to not
let anybody see who his victims are. It's too bad that ebay takes so long to
finally make their move but in the mean time everybody needs to be careful
because there is no rhyme or reason as to whom he steals from.

His previous and latest names are....

corebuyer40??? (suspended)
theshop62?????? (suspended)
nsilva65????????? (changed yesterday)
sushihouse65? (latest name)

The really sad part is that I believe he is also a member of this list and
tends to "beg" parts off of people?with the implication that?he has a roadster
and then turns around and sells them. (He pulls that same scam on other
automotive?list's too.) I realize there is nothing illegal about scamming
people out of parts but there is definitely something "unsavory" about acting
like you are an enthusiast just to score free parts?and make a profit.

Not?going?for any type of vindication?here. Just trying to make sure nobody
else gets burned.

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach