Re: [Roadsters] Roadster rear shoes

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster rear shoes
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:52:25 -0600
Ordered a set of 510 shoes at the local NAPA this afternoon. If I need to
drill additional holes for the return springs to match the OE locations
that should be a problem. $21 and they should be here Thursday or Friday.

If the weather cooperates I can install the new wheels cylinders and clean
up the mechanical adjusters before then so all I'll need to do is mount the
new shoes, reinstall the drums and bleed the system. Then I can put the
rear wheels on and do the mechanical adjustment.

Then I just need to get the carpet kit in, reinstall the seats and I can
start thinking about putting this thing on the market in a couple of
months. Also realized on the way home today that I need to dig the OE steel
rims and hub caps out of storage so I can clean them up, paint the wheels
and put new tires on them. I plan to keep the 15 x 6 Panasports and use
them on the unflared 510.