Re: [Roadsters] A shoulder belt solution

To: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>, D Riedel <stamuki@gmail.com>, "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] A shoulder belt solution
From: RWM <RWM@RWMann.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:14:25 -0400
I know it was OEM, but depending on how tall is the driver, that point
may be too low to be a safe shoulder harness anchor point.

Ideally the harness mounting point is level with the shoulder level, so
as not to result in spinal compression in hard deceleration and crash

And going back to the earlier BMW example, I would not trust the OEM
seats with any alternate harness or other loads, especially side loads.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex, roll bar