fot

Re: VTR National Convention

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR National Convention
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:24:15 -0700 (MST)
Free booze?  Well, not exactly.  There is a pretty good likelihood of finding
a keg or two of hand crafted, fermented barley beverages on ice in the
Team Fat Hospitality Suite.

As for showing cars, odd you should mention it, since just yesterday I got
the plaque for my shiner trophy, that says something like "Second Place,
Modified Prepared Concours"  The name of the class is a bit unwieldy, but
I won't complain.  So yes, seeing the same sort of class continue would
be quite nice.  In Fort Worth, it was actually done on a lark (Hey, wonder
if I need to set up Studebaker list?) because the fellow who set up the
autocross broke his suspension, and the car sat on the trailer for a couple
of days.  He was disappointed, because he had wanted to put his car in the
show, so in a display of sympathy, we just lined up our cars, on the trailers,
next to his.  I was quite surprised to have someone ask me where my judging
sheets were a bit later!

In truth, though, for the Killer Spit I am in a bit of a quandry about this.
Given that I autocross it in the SCCA Street Prepared category, it needs to
have a full interior, working lights, bumpers, etc.  So it doesn't seem like
it should compete against full race cars.  Well, not in the show, but I imagine
I'll beat most of them in the autocross.  Especially if I can get them, the
night before the event,  to consume mass quantities of that barley beverage I
mentioned earlier!

mjb.