fot

RE: VTR National Convention

To: "'DLMAssoc@aol.com'" <DLMAssoc@aol.com>
Subject: RE: VTR National Convention
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:40:58 -0600
Don & FOT,

It is begining to appear to me that my original estimate of 10, or so,
FOT is low. It seems closer to 15 plus significant others

On another subject: Help me out here, FOT...is there not a category for
displaying competition Triumphs? I have not participated in the concours
at VTR before and havnt paid that much attention. I remember a thread
that either there was a category or that there was one proposed.

Because of the short proximity to this event we would trailer Vintage
Racer TR4 #197 in and put it on display...it still looks pretty good
after collecting the patina of 5 years of racing.

More importantly, there are some very exceptional competition cars that
could be there. One I am sure of and the other I am hoping for..THE
Thunderbolt (eh, Bob?) We also have a couple 'work in process' Triumphs
that perhaps will be finished that should look quite nice. No pressure
here. I know John Lye will have his...and the other autocrossers would
have another option for displaying there cars, like the "Green Man"
(marking his territory) Somebody could work on Charles to bring one of
the TRS Le Mans cars, but I see this as bit of a stretch.

Never too early to plot & plan....

Regards,

Joe