fot

RE: VTR National Convention

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: RE: VTR National Convention
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 10:20:35 1997
>Is there not a category for displaying competition Triumphs?
>I have not participated in the concours at VTR before

To my knowledge this was not the case prior to this year's
Dallas event.  Due to 4 race cars arriving and the desire
to have them displayed together for "concours", a class was
quickly devised...

There is a standard category for "modified" street cars, were
originality isn't an issue, its just fit/finish/appearance.
The race cars wouldn't stand a chance with this group, as
its judged the same as the other concours, with no deduction for
originality.

The new class was certainly an attention getter and I'd like to
see it continue.  A group of polished race cars "like Joe's TR4"
would most certainly enhance this class and encourage its
acceptance into the "official" list at some point.

We'll need to revamp the judging process as we were told "not"
to deduct for non-original pieces and "not" to deduct for missing
parts...  (this last differs from the "modified" street class).
This means a well-oiled steering wheel laying on a trailer could
win...  In my opinion, there was LOTS of room for improvement
in the interior and trunks of the cars, if nothing more than
a matching color of paint...  A couple of sheets of riveted
aluminum across the trunk openings and doors plus a freshly
painted floorpan would have likely taken this class.

We should request that the "race modified" class be included
at the 1998 VTR event.  I think these cars should be shown
"off" the trailers as well.  This will ease viewing and judging.

Roger