fot

RE: VTR National Convention

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: RE: VTR National Convention
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:17:36
At 08:40 AM 10/29/97 -0600, Alexander Joseph H wrote:
>On another subject: Help me out here, FOT...is there not a category for
>displaying competition Triumphs? I have not participated in the concours
>at VTR before and havnt paid that much attention. I remember a thread
>that either there was a category or that there was one proposed.

There is now.  In the past, the category where race cars would go for
the purposes of the concours was into the "Modified" category.  At
Fort Worth, Don Carter who was judging that class thought that this
wasn't entirely fair, so he petitioned for and got an experimental
"Modified Prepared" (ie race prepared) class.  There were enough
cars that entered to make a class, so it looks like this will be
added for the future, as I understand it.  Its funny you should ask
this today, since I got the plaque for my concours award yesterday.

>Because of the short proximity to this event we would trailer Vintage
>Racer TR4 #197 in and put it on display...it still looks pretty good
>after collecting the patina of 5 years of racing.

Please do - I think that it would be fantastic to have a whole row
of race cars there to show the "shiners" what it was that Triumph
won their reputation for.

>More importantly, there are some very exceptional competition cars that
>could be there. One I am sure of and the other I am hoping for..THE
>Thunderbolt (eh, Bob?)

I'm really hoping to finally see the famous Thunderbolt.

>Somebody could work on Charles to bring one of
>the TRS Le Mans cars, but I see this as bit of a stretch.

I agree that its a bit of stretch, but he's done it before.

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu