fot

RE: VTR National Convention

To: "'Andrew Mace'" <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Subject: RE: VTR National Convention
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:31:33 -0600
Andy & FOT

Now that I have started another flurry of activity, creating vast
amounts of work for everyone concerned, I'll step aside and support in
everyway that I can. I assume that you may be in touch with Minnesota
Triumphs. You can copy me if you wish. I "know" Andy Lindberg and am his
unofficial "Iowa Correspondent" for his award winning Newsletter...a
newsletter almost as good as the Manteno Brothers.

I like your proposal. It appears to be thoughtfully written. While I
have not been terribly active in VTR in the past, it DOES seem amazing
that there hasnt been some kind of attention paid to the competition
side of the Triumph heritage. I think Hardy Prentice made a comment
early on about that "people need to understand that our competion
Triumphs will aid in perpetuating the marque". This maybe badly
paraphrased. (Sorry Hardy)

Andy, there is a little hotbed of activity of "racing Triumphs" in the
area and this could be fun. Maybe it would temper the seriousness of
concours a bit, too.

While I am thinking about it, Doug Karon of Minneapolis has one of Bill
Ames' Ambros. He has megabucks in this thing and it looks awesome. This
would be a hit, also. He has not raced it lately and I have only spoken
to him once, but given the proximity to Minneapolis, perhaps we could
get him to come down for the weekend or day.

Later,

Joe