fot

Re: Diff Differences...

To: TRBILBO@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diff Differences...
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 08:07:45 -0500
I used a welded rear end in my TR-4A race car for 23 years nad never had
any problems.  Mine was an IRS car, and when I was first setting it up I
talked with Bob Tullius about the weak rear stub axles.  He recommended I
switch to Corvair stub axles, and also recommended a welded differential
(said it was less stress on the axles than a locker).  So I welded it up in
1975, and used it thereafter.  Worked fine on the track - but hard to push
around the paddock!