fot

RE: TR4 block deck surface irregularities

To: jwheeler@robus.com, BillB@bnj.com
Subject: RE: TR4 block deck surface irregularities
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 05:49:59 PDT

>From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
>To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
>CC: fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: RE: TR4 block deck surface irregularities
>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 06:50:45 -0500

Jack et al..

   I've had no problems with just making sure of my liner protrusion
   and torquing the heads to 105 ft lbs. Granted, I'm not stressing
   my `4 as much as you racers do, however my `4 is bored out and
   running about 10-1 compression with a hot cam. In over 12 years of
   almost daily driving and some sprited autocrossing I've never had
   a problem with blowing any head gasket that's been on the car (I'm
   firmly knocking wood as I type this).

Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)