fot

Re: figure 8 gaskets

To: mordyd@email.msn.com, jwheeler@robus.com, thefryes@iconn.net
Subject: Re: figure 8 gaskets
From: BillDentin@AOL.COM
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:09:45 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/1999 10:47:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
mordyd@email.msn.com writes:

<< I think you've got the wrong impression, Bill.  I would make these figure 8
 gaskets of various thickness -not to stack but to use as individual units.

SECOND TAKE:

Mordy:

I just discussed this with Kevin Potter, who builds our engines, and he said
I don't know what the hell I am talking about.  He actually said it much
nicer, but that has more to do with our employer/employee relationship, than
may lack of knowledge.

He said having figure eight gaskets manufactured to a particular thickness
could have solved our 'stacking' problem last spring.  He said he wished he
would have thought of it.

He also said he wondered if steel would not be superior to copper
(compression)?

He also wondered if there was another reason for not 'doing it.'

Shows you what I know!

Bill Dentinger