fot

Re: Stranger than fiction

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, BillDentin@AOL.COM, Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk,
Subject: Re: Stranger than fiction
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 06:11:52 PST
>Ah, but you overlook the fact (perhaps unknown to you) that
>the Brits and the French have been at one another's throats
>for well over a thousand years. At the moment, they won't
>import our beef (probably any more than they're willing to
>import yours either) and the mutual animosity nation to
>nation is as alive and well as ever it was. Doesn't go
>necessarily to an individual level but nationally we hate
>one another's guts - and I don't presently see any
>likelihood of the picture improving in the next few days.

  (with a grin and my 1st and middle fingers raised in the classic
   salute)

   Apart from those Frenchified Norsemen a few years back, whenever
   the French need to be taken down a notch, or have their coals
   pulled out of the fire, the British have been quite adept at doing
   it.

   I can see where a little animosty could develop.

   Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)