fot

Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction

To: JELehman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@smtp.interactive.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:03:43 +0000
> From:          "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
> I was in  Phoenix for business last week and managed to take in
> Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction on Friday.  I didn't know what to expect but
> was surprised to see no Trs at all.  (The catalogue listed one Tr-4, but I
> didn't see it.) What do you suppose that means?  All Triumph owners know
> what they have and are hanging on to their cars? There is no market for Trs?
> B-J is the wrong market for Trs? Or what?!

I have watched the auction circuit via the auction
reports in Old Cars Weekly and Triumphs don't show
up that often at all.  I think it is because they are
not really all that scarce.  Auctions are an unusual
sales venue for cars because they have so many
"unknowns" for any given auction.  If a car sells
at a low price was it because the seller really needed
the $$$ and there just wasn't anyone else in the
audience interested?  Who knows.  The converse can
be when two people are after the same car and it gets
bid up to what anyone would consider an outrageous price.

Anyway, that's it from Ye old philosoper till
next time :-)

Cheers,
Bill Sohl
VTR Odd Magazine Editor