fot

Velocity Stacks and Rampipes? was SU carb fuel flow

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: Velocity Stacks and Rampipes? was SU carb fuel flow
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:15:47 EST
In a message dated 25/01/00 23:05:01 GMT Standard Time, kaskas@earthlink.net
writes:

<< The shape of the velocity stacks is super important.  The air is actually
 drawn from the carburetor side of the air inlet and so must go around the
 corner to get into the carburetor.  Therefore making a smooth roll on the
 edge makes this possible and will alter the value if not taken into
 consdieration.  There are several companies that make this kind of stack.
 (NO, I don't know who off hand but I know if I wanted these parts I'd  sure
 find 'em.)) >>

Dear Kas and other FOT'ers

My Vitesse has Triple Weber 40DCOE-18's fitted with the old style of steel
Rampipes.

Firstly,
Are they what you are referring to as velocity stacks? or is that something
different?

Secondly,
I have seen some racers using a more modern design of alloy rampipes,
referred to as 'full radius' rampipes, which apparently exhibit increased
airflow due to roll back lip design...

I would be interested to hear of your (Kas) and any other FOT'ers thoughts on
these, and whether they are a worthwhile upgrade from the old design?

Léon F Guyot

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.