fot

Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:42:15 -0500
Bill Babcock wrote:

> The best thing about Barrett-Jackson was the people watching. I don't know
> if you saw that 6' 2" (at least) platinum blonde outrageously dressed (I've
> seen more coverage from spray paint), outrageously stacked young lady
> hanging around the neck of some old fart (at least as old as me), but it
> will take a long time before I forget her. After she wiggled past I looked
> behind me and as far as you could see there were guys like me--frozen in
> their tracks.
I believe I did see her.  For the most part, the buyers looked like
retired plumbing contractors in jeans with a pot belly with their second
or third (or fourth) platimun blonde trophy wife with the leopard skin
jacket and tight pedal pushers (does that date me or what).  They were
throwing new found wealth (the money the first wife didn't get) and all
sorts of mid fifties convertibles.  I saw a beautiful 2X4 barrel Chevy
Bel Air Convertible go for somewhere over $ 75K?  Why not buy a Ghibli
Spyder or new 911 for that price.  Or better yet, buy a '57 El Dorado
Convertible and save $ 35K.  I just don't understand what is going on.
Perhaps I have outlived sanity.