fot

RE: Pile-o-Parts

To: "'Bob Lang'" <LANG@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: RE: Pile-o-Parts
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@seidata.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:35:12 -0500
I know this situation from personal experience.  A few years ago I decided
to take an inventory of all the old parts I had, so when someone asked, I
would be able to tell them what I had.  My list ended up being a 5 page
Excel spreadsheet - pretty impressive, I thought.

BUT.....  Then I took a closer look at what I had.  It became clear that my
list was composed of the same parts that anyone who has parted out TR-3's,
TR-4's and TR-6's has sitting around, because they seldom break.  I have
parted out a lot of cars over the years and hold on to anything that looks
like it might be made to work again (sound familiar to anyone?)

So, if anyone needs TR-3 or TR-4 stock flywheels, pistons, front suspension
parts, water pump housings, oil filter assemblies, intake manifolds, wiring
harnesses (why do I keep these?), distributor drive gears, etc., etc., I
have a good supply of these.