fot

Re: Wheel bearings

To: grand_wazoo@flinet.com, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel bearings
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:30:38 EDT
grand_wazoo@flinet.com writes:

<< I'm shocked that it was the right front as it is the left front that takes
most
 of the racing load on nearly every track we race at. >>

I believed that almost everything trashed involving front wheels happened on
the right front of my car -- broken spindle, broken hub, failed wheel
bearings, and spotted tires.  My guess is that there is more damaging type
stresses on the wheel located on the inside of most of the bends, rather than
on the outside.  On most old Triumphs, the inside wheel is probably dribbling
like a basket ball going around the corner.