fot

Re: Wheel bearings

To: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>,
Subject: Re: Wheel bearings
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:00:56 -0700
Uneven brake pad wear can also give a long pedal more quickly than normal as
the front edge wears fast from debris ane the top wears faster because of
the higher siurface speed of the disc. I used to flatten the pads before
every event by running shell stone in the drill press at high speed and
passing the pad under the stone until all surfaces were again even. MAKES A
HUGE DIFFERENCE.  You do need to bed the pads with a few medium hard stops
before they will be bedded again..  By the way if you do this be sure to
wear a really good air filter mask while doing the grinding.----- Original
Message -----