fot

Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question

To: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Subject: Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:39:49 -0400

"Ronald R Gates" <GATES2RR@nanotes1.email.dupont.com> on 06/06/2000
01:55:31 PM

Please respond to "Ronald R Gates" <GATES2RR@nanotes1.email.dupont.com>

To:   "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
cc:   EISANDIEGO@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net (bcc: Ronald R
      Gates/AE/DuPont)

John, believe me when i say that i can symathise with you about the flares
.I had a great looking set on my tr-4 , a former ep
scca car from the mid west . it has cost me a small fortune to convert them
to stock steel. As a matter of fact i am still working on them ! I called
the tech  guy at the svra , jack whorlie (?) and he told me that they would
like me to have stock steel fenders on the car , in the spirit of the group
. He also said that they know how expensive  these things are becoming and
that they would work with individuals  to conform to the rules , meaning
that the svra would allow you to come to your first event and run , but as
you progess through the year they would like the car to conform to their
rules . at least that is what i got from the conversation with them.
 I guess the best thing is to call svra or hsr or what ever group you want
to run with and ask . I personally can not understand that these groups
flounder around about fiberglass fenders , hoods and trunks  , which are
cheaper ect. and will let competitors race with non period steel cranks and
rods ect. that allow you to crank the motors to7k plus and use ford rears.
 i also heard that there is a new group starting up that is going to
confront some of these issues.
pete Gates 140