fot

Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question

To: thefryes@iconn.net
Subject: Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:30:32 EDT
Good Morning

    The reason that I asked the question as to when flares were sanctioned is
that this particular car apparently had flares for most of its racing life.
The 1972 logbook picutres show it was flared. My understanding is that
certain SCCA production classes (GP) allowed flaring before 1972. As early as
67/68.

    Regardless of what ever competitive advantage these may have in handling,
it seems wrong to change them back to straight fenders. We are losing part of
the history of these cars. Frankly, some of these seem to have more success
than their earlier breathern, so it would be a shame not to preserve them.

The idea of being a moving Chicane in Group 10 strikes me as a bit dangerous.
I remember one test day at Road America where I was on the track with in my
TR3 with CanAm Cars. It would be even worse with GTP cars, etc.

Cary