fot

Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question

To: <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:22:00 -0700
If anyone in the northeast is interested in some vintage racing with
flared fenders, air dams, etc, the Northern New Jersey SCCA runs a
vintage series called the Volvo Historic Series. It is pretty much run
what you brung, provided you meet SCCA safety requirements. Volvo even
pays $100 of the entry fee. It is run as a race group in an SCCA race
weekend.  Cars are in 4 classes by engine displacement.  We run at
Pocono, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, and New Hampshire, 8 to 10 races per
year.  Our next 2 races are at Lime Rock June 23/24, and July 1 + 3.
This is the 3rd year that I'm in the series, and I'm having a great
time.  In 98 I was 3rd in my class for the year in my TR3, and in 1999
I won the class championship in my Spitfire.  Let me know if you would
like any more info.  Joe(B)