fot

Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:48:43 -0500
"R. John Lye" wrote:

> At 12:37 AM 8/25/00 -0400, T.R. Householder wrote:
> >Friend wants some info on 4.3 ltr Chevy conversion
>
> Is that the V-6?
>
> >including
> >Adapterplate to TR 4  or 6 trans., or Nissan Trans. Any suggestions
>
> Bob Kamholtz put a V-6 into his TR-3; I don't know if its the 4.3 or not,
> though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John Lye
> rjl6n@Virginia.edu

The popular conversion for more horsepower seems to be V6's or V8's. I wonder
if anybody has tried a newer straight six - there are several around that
have lots more hp than the Triumph, and it would seem that the steering
column and other pieces wouldn't be disturbed so much.

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt