fot

Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: Herald948@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:38:48 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/00 6:24:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Herald948@aol.com writes:

<< At various times there were discussions about such
 proposals as Standard-Triumph engines powering what became the Metropolitan,

I use to see the TR3/4 four cylinder tractor engines in these cars.

<at one point I believe there was talk of powering a UK version of the
Rambler American with a Vanguard engine (the six, I think; my books aren't
handy at the moment)>

The car I learned to drive on was a 1950 Nash Rambler with a frame and
flathead six with overdrive.  My dad thought it was powerful since this small
car had the same engine that was in his 1948 Nash 600 (upside down bathtub).
The first car I owned was a Rambler American, which was identical to the 1950
Nash Rambler with the same engine, but without a frame.

This was the first car I used for towing the TR-3-- first flat towing and
later with a trailer.  I finally broke the drive yoke while pulling the
trailer with TR-3 out of a rental driveway, and later got rid of the car with
about 120,000 miles on it.  If I remember correctly, the flat head six
displacement was about 2800cc's, and I would beat TR-3's, MGA's, and Healeys
in drag races on the highway using first, second, second OD, third, and third
OD.  Memories