fot

Technical Question-TR3A Axle Conversion to TR4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Technical Question-TR3A Axle Conversion to TR4
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:19:22 EDT
List,

While at Oklahoma VTR Regional in March, I overheard a lady discuss the rear
axle on her TR3B. She said it was a TR4 axle and the car had come from from
the factory that way. And she could prove it.  Sure enough, it was a wide
stance, with little clearance at the wing wells.

It unclear, but perhaps the last of the axles were TR4 on the TR3Bs. We have
received conflicting replies on this information. Anyone know what the real
poop is on this?

Now for the next observation: If a TR4 axle will fit under a TR3 with some
changes to spring perch position, have TR4 axles found their way under TR3
race cars. Seem logical?

Finally, if TR3 racers decide to convert to the new proposed axle assembly
proposed by stock car specialty machine shop in Quad City area, would it not
make sense to convert to TR4 axle while they are at it.

Regards,

Joe (A)