fot

Re: Technical Question-TR3A Axle Conversion to TR4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Technical Question-TR3A Axle Conversion to TR4
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:28:53 -0600 (MDT)
As I recall, the TR4 frames were basically TR3 frames.  The rear axle housing
was widened to increase the rear track, but the frame rails were the same.
The front end got a piece of 1.5 inch, maybe 2 inch, uh, hang on a moment....
The bits welded onto the front of the Rust Rocket frame are just over 2" wide.

Speaking of the Rust Rocket, I've promised my wife to have the remains gone
from the yard before her parents come pick her up for a vacation trip in a
few weeks.  I'd offer folks a complete rear axle assembly, but from recent
emails, I'd say this market is saturated.  Drat.  Do have some front suspension
bits left, though.  And some useable doors, boot lid and bonnet.  Got Zero
calls on the stuff from the ad in the local newspaper.

Anyone up for a 1974 TR6?  Needs some work.  It goes, and will someday be
capable of stopping, assuming I get down to the shop with this box of brake
bits, and get them installed.  Hmmm, naybe I should trailer it to Triumphest
with a "For Sale" sign in a prominent spot.  I'd love to sell it for $1600,
I bet in California I could get twice that, easily!

mjb the dreamer.