fot

Re: Technical Question-TR3A Axle Conversion to TR4

To: rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu, N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Technical Question-TR3A Axle Conversion to TR4
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:14:42 GMT
>From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
>To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Technical Question-TR3A Axle Conversion to TR4
>Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:28:58 -0400
>
>At 02:19 PM 8/28/00 -0400, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:
> >Now for the next observation: If a TR4 axle will fit under a TR3 with
>some
> >changes to spring perch position, have TR4 axles found their way under
>TR3
> >race cars. Seem logical?
>
>My TR-3A had a TR-4 rear axle under it when I bought it (but it had never
>been a racer).  It fit, but there was very little fender clearance.  I have
>since
>fitted a proper TR-3A rear axle to it, which fits much better.
>
>Later,
>
>John Lye
>rjl6n@Virginia.edu

     Ya know, it would be interesting to hear what other "DPO" fitted
     oddities showed up in other cars...

     My `4 came with a TR3 transmission and Stromberg Zenith carbs (my
    `4 wasn't one of the test batch that had them)... I almost hesitate
     to mention the alligator clips bypassing the fuses. There was
     speaker wire elswhere in my DPO's creative wiring efforts.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)

http://profiles.msn.com.