fot

Rover V8 Devin

To: LANG@isis.mit.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover V8 Devin
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:24:58 EST
    There is a gentleman racing the equivalent of Rover V8 devin on the west
coast. Have not seen the car, but he apparently as the aluminum V8 with the
four carb setup used by the exworks rally cars, a close ratio muncie gear
box, and Triumph rear end. Apparently he is having a problem with snapping
the Triumph axles.I can only imagine a Devin with 300 plus hp.

    Apparently VARA allows him to run this particular car. Does anyone know
whether the V8 Buick conversion was run competitively before 1972? I have
seen one Devin with other V8 which was claimed to have been raced prior to
1972. I recall that it was a corvette block, but I do not trust my memory any
more.

Cary