fot

RE: Plug Wires

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Plug Wires
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:36:15 -0500
Joe,

I'd call them and ask all these nasty questions directly. I can't believe they
don't sell four wire sets.

I'd suspect that reason for no solid core wires is probably the energy
bouncing back at the control unit from the spark.  Suppression wires will
dampen or eliminate it.

I've built 100,000 volt sparking devices (WESP's), in water saturated air
flows near water sprays (even though Mom said never to mix electricity and
water) and the return pulse from a high voltage spark can be pretty hard on
the transformer.  Our transformers were big, two per unit and about a 4 foot
cube, otherwise my TR3 would have a really kick-butt ignition system.  <grin>

Jack