fot

Re: Commission plate Query

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Commission plate Query
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:54:48 EST
In a message dated 17-Feb-01 16:09:25 Eastern Standard Time,
GuyotLeonF@aol.com writes:

> I understand that cars in the USA are required, by law, to have an their
> Commssion number (VIN on modern cars) visible from the outside of the
> vehicle?
> I believe that it is usually on a small metal plate located to the bottom
> left hand corner of the screen.
> I would be grateful if you could kindly share your knowledge with me on
> this?
> I am bringing my Triumph with me when I move to the States, and wish to
> comply with whatever legislation is applicable to my 1963 car.

My '64 TR4 does not/never did have that. That requirement came in in the
'70's, I believe.

I've never had a problem.  Being an Army officer I have lived in New York,
Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, New Jersey, California, Kansas,
Texas, Virginia and New Mexico (as well as Belgium and Italy).  I wouldn't
worry about it.  Cheers.

Art  Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner)