fot

Re: Reality Check

To: BillDentin@aol.com, jmwagner@greenheart.com, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Reality Check
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:54:05
>From: BillDentin@aol.com
>To: jmwagner@greenheart.com, spitlist@gte.net
>CC: fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Reality Check
>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:26:46 EDT

>When the Miata first came out, it was not long before there was a 'MIATA
>CLUB'.  They showed up at a VSCDA ROAD AMERICA event, and were offered
>'TRACK
>TOURING TIME' (for a fee).  Being a Smart Ass, I looked over at the lot of
>them lined up waiting to use the track, and I quipped, "Hey!  How is it
>driving those little JAP cars?"  Without taking a breath, one of the
>drivers
>shot back, "Bout the same as driving an MG or TRIUMPH...we just don't need
>work on them."
>
>Bill Dentinger

     My good friend Scott Pacely, missed Mid-O be cause his Miata (an
     early car) has this problem with its crank pulley. If I've got it
     right, the keyway gets wallowed out because of some cheap woodruff
     keys used in the early cars and the pulley slips causing the timing
     to go off a tad. Of course this sort of thing if not taken care of
     can progress with predictable and disastrous results...

     Sounds sort of British... Don't it?

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)