fot

Re: Justification for cheating

To: " fot mail list" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Justification for cheating
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 01 07:55:51 -0700
> And he
>races vintage because it's the best seat in the house for looking at
>wonderful cars at speed--he just wanted to move his seat to the front.

Your story just reminded me of a goldish tan coloured flat grill Morgan+4
that races at the Monterey Historics every year.  It is a 1953 with a TR
engine that has a published displacement of 2000cc.

First thing I noticed when looking at the engine is that the car was
running a TR4 head that is about 10 years newer than the car. Not an
early low port  head nor a high port TR3 head.  When I saw the listing in
the catalogue at 2000ccs I could not help but wonder.  It seemed to me a
bit strange that someone would swap in the newest TR head with the
combustion chamber camphor and not swap in 86 or larger pistons.

Oh well, I love Morgans and it gives the guy a nice seat to watch the
gaggle of 356's, along with the assorted Alfas and misc British cars in
the class.

It makes me wish I knew other engines better.  I keep wondering what
tales they might be telling to those who knew what went on what engine.

TeriAnn Near Santa Cruz, California

My old car: 1960 Land Rover 109 owned since 1978
My new car: 1961 Triumph TR3A owned since 1986
  "Who could ask for anything more"