fot

Re: Eastwood Tin Zinc Plating kit

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: Eastwood Tin Zinc Plating kit
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:11:33 EST
In a message dated 11/4/01 11:42:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jmwagner@greenheart.com writes:

<< And they sent my crank out and had it "ground undersized, chromed
oversized, ground to standard and polished."  >>

I also used chrome to restore the size of one journal of a standard size
crank after spinning a bearing.  What is the opinion of the list as to which
crank is better -- standard size or ground 0.010" under.  I always believed
that standard size was better.  I have come across people who liked the
0.010" under size cranks for better adjustment of bearing clearances.