fot

Re: Rear leaf springs

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear leaf springs
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:55:06 -0800
I liked the softer rear springs in my own TR-3 when I was racing a lot
better.  Actually I de-arched it some which gave about the same effect and
lower the car at the same time.  I never had any of the factory (Rallye
springs or others that they offered)  Making the traaction bars ought to be
a simple measurment from the center bolt of the rear spring to the center of
the front eye of the spring.  The idea is for the axle to travel in the same
arc as before but I found that kinda close was okay too but could lead to
some rear end steer I suppose if you are way off.  I had the original bars
made, tested  and offered through the department but can't remember who made
them for us. ----- Original Message -----