fot

Re: Rear leaf springs

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear leaf springs
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:35:38 EST
In a message dated 12/11/01 11:23:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<<  I monkeyed around with a rear sway bar, and that's gracing my parts shelf
now.  >>

Many years ago, I made the mistake of adding a rear sway bar.  The handling
was so terrible that I believe that I could have driven my junky old tow car
full of tools and car parts around the track faster (1956 Ford Wagon).

I pulled into the pits and took this sway bar off, which at least put me back
to normal for the time.  I have been using my own fabricated traction rods
and watts link, made from sc. 80 pipe, with left and right hand threaded 1/2"
lug-nuts welded on the pipe ends, and rod ends.  How good is this setup?  I
wouldn't want to put it on the market, though I have been using it for years.