fot

Re: Fw: Hello Friends of Triumph

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Hello Friends of Triumph
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:11:25 -0500
In a message dated 12/5/2002 7:55:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Don Marshall"
<marshall@nefcom.net> writes:

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Henry Frye"
>
>> Anybody that hotrods a Herald is our kind of people...
>
>Speaking of which, did anyone road race Heralds in the US back "when"?

I once entered my dad's Herald 1200 in an impromptu stoplight drag race against
a friend in his Boss 302 Mustang (had him off the line, for the first 3-4 feet,
but then...). Does that count? :-)

Beyond that, I think the closest would be the couple of Vitesse sedans -- i.e.
Don Dievendorf (sp?) and Mike Rockett -- that raced Trans-Am and/or ??? in the
late '60s and early '70s.

And in the Watkins Glen, NY, area, there used to be a Triumph Herald sedan
converted to a dirt track racer back in the days when "mini-stock" classes were
popular on the Northeast dirt ovals. (Russ Moore, ever run across that car?)

>Just curious, it has nothing to do with the Herald shell and frame sitting
>in my garage...  Don

Uh-huh; nothing at all to do with that. Right. :-)

-Andy Mace