fot

RE: suspension thoughts

To: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: suspension thoughts
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:30:48 -0600
Thanks, Dean,..........and, the principle used throughout the entire
Production Car Specs was, "if it is not specified, then no deviation from
stock is allowed........" or something like that. Of course today we use
steel cranks and aftermarket rods and such that were not allowed at the
time, but are certainly a good idea.

But again, lest anyone misinterpret my motives here, I don't really want to
get into a debate about "correctness", and I would not personally object to
such a chassis change. After all, I do have one component on my car that is
not to spec, but you have to find it. Plus, as others have mentioned,
current vintage rules allow a lot of leeway.

At 09:26 AM 2/28/03 -0500, Dean Tetterton wrote:
>I just happen to have a 62 GCR. The section on Wheels, Chassis, and
>brakes for production cars:
>
>The following additional changes and modifications are permitted:
>j. The make and type of shock absorbers, but Not their numbers, or
>system of operation (i.e. lever or telescopic), or their system and
>points of attachment, unless specifically listed as an allowed option
>for a given model by the SCCA.
>
>The specifications for TR4 list a Rear Shock Absorber Kit ( telescopic)
>This is not listed for TR3.
>
>Basically if you could buy it from Triumph, you could use it.
>Dean Tetterton

uncle jack