fot

RE: Head Cooling Problems

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Head Cooling Problems
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:13:32 -0800
It's probably more about the reduced pressure allowing bubbles to
form--something engineers call nucleate boiling. I don't know about this
"water moving too fast through the radiator" notion. Usually rapid flow is
good for cooling because it keeps the boundary layer thin. My
thermodynamics classes were thirty years ago, but the amount of heat that
a heat exchanger can transfer is a function of mass flow rate. More is
good. Of course that's theory, and then there's practice, where a whole
bunch of complicating chaotic factors get added to the mess.