fot

Re: Head Cooling Problems

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>,
Subject: Re: Head Cooling Problems
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:30:31 -0800
When I wrote that busisness about the thermostate (35 year ago) I wasn't too
far up to speed on the requirment of block pressure. The major part of that
statment is that the thermostate can FAIL CLOSED. Break that puppy and you
have one less thing to worry about.  In the end I found a 5/8" hole in a
steel disc was the size to build about 20 lbs of block pressure. The thought
is, to be sure you have block pressure at the end of the rev range not just
a way up the ramp of rpm. Also blah blah blah blah.